Fair Housing Resources
REALTORS® are committed to the actualization of fairness and equity in the right to own, use, and transfer property, protecting the rights of consumers, landowners, and businesses.
Delaware Fair Housing laws provide protection without regard to marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, creed, age, and source of income. Find out more that the Delaware Division of Human Relations Fair Housing Information Center.
Local associations should be contacted with complaints alleging violations of the Code of Ethics filed by a home seeker who contends discriminatory treatment in the availability, purchase, or rental of housing. Local real estate associations have a responsibility to enforce the Code of Ethics through professional standards procedures and corrective action in cases where a violation of the Code of Ethics is proven to have occurred.
Assembled below you’ll find information, tools, and resources that support the understanding and engagement of the principles behind the Fair Housing Act and principles of diversity, equality, and inclusion.
Delaware Division of human and civil rights
Delaware’s Division of Human Relations is the state agency responsible for enforcing State Fair Housing Law, Federal Fair Housing Law and Equal Accommodations Law. The Fair Housing Information Center explains your rights, what housing discrimination is, what actions may violate laws, and How to File a Complaint, and other resources.
- Overview Video of the Fair Housing Act: Fair Housing Makes Us Stronger
- Fair Housing Action Plan
- Fairhaven Fair Housing Simulation
- Report on Fair Housing at 50, 2018 Training
- Bias Override, Overcoming Barriers to Fair Housing
- Implicit Bias Program (test/video)
- Broker Essentials for Fair Housing
- Take the Pledge: Fair Housing Declaration
- That’s Who We R Fair Housing Assets
- Fair Housing Act 50th Anniversary
- Veterans Home Loans: Reducing Barriers, Two-part Video
- Beyond Fair Housing Month
HUD Fair Housing Resources
- Laws (Statutes, Regulations, Executive Orders)
- Policy Statements, Notices, and Other Documents
- Enforcement Activity
Fair Housing FAQs
- Fair Housing Accessibility Guidelines Q&A
- Housing for Older Persons Act (HOPA) Q&A
- Limited English Proficiency FAQ
- Section 504 FAQ
- Sexual Harassment Q&A
national fair housing alliance
The National Fair Housing Alliance (NFHA) leads the fair housing movement. NFHA works to eliminate housing discrimination and ensure equitable housing opportunities for all people and communities through its education and outreach, member services, public policy, advocacy, housing and community development, tech equity, enforcement, and consulting and compliance programs.