Minority Real Estate SCholarship
This scholarship program was developed to encourage and support minority participation in the local real estate industry. By increasing minority involvement in providing real estate services, we hope to see an increase in the acquisition of real estate by minority home seekers. The result will manifest in the building of stronger and more diverse communities. The scholarship will provide the necessary financial assistance, encouragement, and support for minorities who are interested in a career in real estate to begin a career.
• Prepayment of pre-licensing education through DAR-approved real estate schools
• Fee paid for the first attempt at the exam
• National, state, and local REALTOR® association dues (only) waived for the first year
• Networking sessions with fellow scholarship recipients
• Black or African American, Asian American, Hispanic or Latino, Middle Eastern, Native Hawaiian and other Pacific Islander, American Indian and Alaska Native are all eligible (Preference will be given to U.S. citizens)
• Highly motivated
• Ability to sustain 3-6 months of start-up time in the industry
• Flexible schedule allowing for sales appointments
• Permanent resident of the State of Delaware
• Proof of high school diploma or GED
• Two (2) letters of recommendation
• Completed application including essay question in text (typed) format
• One letter from a supporting broker willing to act as a mentor
• Complete all pages of the application and attach the exhibits as requested.
• Applications will be reviewed on a monthly, rolling basis.
• Scholarships are valued up to $1,500 per person annually, subject to selection by the DAR Board of Directors, availability of funds, and verification of all items listed under Requirements. There may be up to five (5) scholarships awarded in a year.