Minority Real Estate SCholarship
The Delaware Association of REALTORS® (DAR) Minority Real Estate Scholarship program was developed to encourage and support minority participation in the local real estate industry. By increasing minority involvement in providing real estate services, we hope to see an increase in the acquisition of real estate by minority home seekers. The result will manifest in the building of stronger and more diverse communities. The scholarship will provide the necessary financial assistance, encouragement, and support for minorities who are interested in a career in real estate.
Launches April 5, 2023
Benefits to the Recipient
• Prepayment of required 99-hour salesperson pre-licensing course through DAR-approved real estate education provider. Must take pre-licensing course through: The CE Shop (www.theceshop.com) – (Valued at around $600)
• Fee paid for the first attempt at the state required examination – (Valued at around $85)
• National, state, and local REALTOR® association dues (only) waived for the first year – (Valued at around $625; does not include lockbox/MLS/other dues)
• Networking sessions with fellow scholarship recipients
• Latinos (including Puerto Ricans), African Americans, Asian Pacific Americans, Arab and other Middle Eastern Americans, Native Americans, Native Hawai’ians, and Inuit and Alaska Natives are all eligible (Preference will be given to U.S. citizens)
• Highly motivated
• Ability to sustain 3-6 months of start-up time in the industry
• Flexible schedule allowing for sales appointments
• Permanent resident of the State of Delaware
• Proof of high school diploma or GED
• Three (3) letters of recommendation (one must be from a REALTOR® and one letter from a supporting broker willing to act as a mentor)
• Completed application including essay question in text (typed) format
Interested in learning more about Delaware’s requirements to become a real estate salesperson? Read more here.
• Complete all pages of the application and attach the exhibits as requested.
• Applications are due by October 15, 2023.
• Applications will be reviewed in November 2023 and awarded in December 2023.
• Scholarships are subject to selection by the DAR Board of Directors, availability of funds, and verification of all items listed under requirements. There may be up to five (5) scholarships awarded in a year.
• Please send the completed application package to firstname.lastname@example.org.